ArGoSoft Mail Server is full SMTP/POP3/Finger/IMAP server for all Windows platforms, which will let you turn your computer into the email system. It is very compact, takes about 1-5 Mb of disk space (depending on the version), does not have any specific memory requirements, and what is the most important - it's very easy to use.
- Go to Tools > Options
- Select tab Local Domains
- Add "localhost" to list
and click ok!
Go to Tools > User
- Go to Tools > User You'll see User Setup
- Click on Add New User icon
- fill your user name, name, password user name refers to your email address (user_name@localhost) Now! we have email address "me@localhost"
Open You email client software i.e outlook express, incredimail, Thunderbird
In this tutorial we use outlook express
- Open outlook express go to Tools > Accounts...
- Click Add > Mail
- Insert your name, insert your email that you have created in previous step (me@localhost)or else
Config email server name, internet mail logon
- Email server name - Incomming mail and Outgoing mail type "localhost"
- Internet mail logon - Account name type your user name (me) and the same password that created using Argosoft
Ready to test
- Now you're ready to test, copy this code and save as filename.php and test open this file by open url:http://localhost/filename.php
- Open Outlook to recieve email
// ---------------- SEND MAIL FORM ----------------
// send e-mail to ...
// Your subject
$header="from: your name <your email>";
// Your message
$message.="This is test\r\n";
$message.="Test again ";
In this script shows you how to display image of the day. You can adapt this script to display quote of the day, knowledge of the day or something else you want. You don't have to change image everyday just change images once a week.